Vontobel Swiss Financial Advisers can help you manage the financial complexity of living abroad from our offices in Switzerland and the US.

Are you moving to the US?
US residents are subject to SEC and IRS regulations. Your non-US adviser only follows local and national rules. Your portfolio might not be adapted to American rules and this can lead to unnecessary costs. It is best to realign your investments before you become a US resident.

Or Canada?
We can service certain Canadian residents on the basis of our International Exempt Advisor status. You might be advised on non-Canadian securities that you can hold in custody abroad. We have an exempt international adviser license in five Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Quebec.

Are you an American living abroad?
Americans living abroad pay both local and US taxes. They might have a trust that is not recognized in their country of residence. They need both US dollars and local currency accounts. Their needs can be more complex.


Expats – Always with you

How our offering meets your complex needs

  • We accompany you along your entire international journey, so even if you move to yet another country, we will be able to provide you with solutions
  • We listen to your needs and come up with the investment strategy that suits
  • We diversify your assets with regard to investments, jurisdictions, and custody
  • Our platform allows you to invest in difference currencies and asset-classes
  • We provide you with US and local tax reporting for all your accounts